Krafton, on 2nd July, 2021, released the Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on Play Store, for the Indian players. The Indian players were waiting eagerly for the release of BGMI from the day it was announced. BGMI is the Indian version of PUBG- the game, which got banned in India, along with other Chinese Apps, after conflict between India and China in Galwan valley took place. PUBG Mobile was banned in India because they it was considered a threat to data security of the users as the game servers of PUBG were located in China.
BGMI is currently available only for Android smartphone users. Players can download BGMI from the Play Store by searching BGMI and then clicking on the ‘Install’ button. The file size of BGMI is over 700 MB. After opening the game for the first time, the game asks the players to download the resource pack. There are 2 types of resource packs in BGMI that the players can download-
- Low Spec Resource Pack (381.3 MB)
- High Spec Resource Pack (over 600 MB)
When the players open BGMI, they can see the logo of Krafton. The player are then shown a message which states- “BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA is not a real-world based game, but a survival simulation game set in a virtual world”.
BGMI is made for Indian players only and therefore players will be able to play with other Indian players only.
A good thing about the BGMI is that it allows the players to transfer their data from the PUBG Mobile server to their BGMI account. If you have made any in-game purchases in PUBG Mobile, then you should transfer your data from PUBG Mobile server to the BGMI server.
How to do Data Transfer from PUBG Mobile Server to BGMI Server?
For transfering the data from PUBG Mobile server to your BGMI server, you will require to do the following:
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ button.
- Go to ‘Basic’ tab and tap on the ‘Account Transfer’ button.
- This will take you to the WebView Login Page. Here tap on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Now, select from either Facebook or Twitter, the account platform which was linked to your PUBG Mobile account. After that click on ‘OK’.
- You will now require to enter your ‘Username or Email’ & ‘Password’ and then click on ‘Sign in’.
- The social media platform may then verify your social media account by sending you an OTP.
- After this, you will be taken to the PUBG Mobile server page, where you have to click on ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- In the next step, the BGMI will ask you to confirm the data transfer. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button in this step.
After this, the data transfer from PUBG Mobile to BGMI will start. It takes a few minutes for the data transfer to take place. When the data transfer will get complete all your skins, acheivements and in-game money will be shown in BGMI. All data will be transferred to BGMI from PUBG Mobile accept emails and in-game attachments.
The Data transfer facility will be provided by BGMI until 31st December, 2021, after which, the data of the Indian players will be erased from the PUBG Mobile servers.
After the data transfer step, the players are asked whether they would like to undergo training tutorial. If you are unfamiliar with PUBG Mobile’s gameplay or have forgotten how to play the game then you can undergo the training. The gameplay of BGMI is almost 100% similiar to that of PUBG Mobile, however, few small changes have been made in the game. One such change is that if a players defeats another players in a match then the game shows green feathers flying in the air instead of blood.
Just like the gameplay, the user interface, soundtracks and wallpapers of BGMI are also the same ones that are available in PUBG Mobile. BGMI has all the 5 maps (Erangel, Livik, Miramar, Sanhok and Karakin) which are there in PUBG Mobile. Similarly, Arena Mode, Evaground and Arcade mode have all the matches that PUBG Mobile has.
Upon playing BGMI, we didn’t found any major changes in between BGMI and PUBG Mobile. The few noticable differences between both the games are just in their Names and the location of their game servers. Hence, if you were expecting any kind of exclusive skins and game modes in BGMI, then you are likely to get disappointed by the game.
In Overall, BGMI is the Indian version of PUBG Mobile, that we Indians were looking forward to. Although BGMI doesn’t provide any exclusive features, it also doesn’t take away the essence of PUBG Mobile- the game which became a phenomenon in India after its release.
What are your views on Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI)? Do you like it? Do you think there was anything that could have been added to the game? Let us know in the comments section.
- Konami’s Contra Returns game coming soon to Android & iOS | Smartphone Game News
- How to turn on Parental Control for YouTube app on Android smartphones
- Top 5 YouTube app features that you don’t know about